Saturday, March 13, 2010

Rental car & Burger King

Today we had question and answer in the morning and edited 3 people's documentary portfolios. This was a good experience to see how to edit to tell the story.

The guy from Hertz came to pick me up but when I got to the rental car shop, I changed my mind about taking the car. The insurance was going to be $700- extra on top of the $850- to rent the car. I am better off getting cabs, car pooling, walking and catching a plane to Vegas than paying that sort of money.

Alfonsina and Raul kindly picked Ines nad I up from the rental car shop and we drove to Taos. On the way, we did the all-American thing and went to Burger King drive through. I NEVER eat that shit but when you are in someone else's car, you can't really ask to be taken to another place to eat. I had a Texan burger, fries and an evil diet coke. It was over the top in blah but I ate it knowing it would be another 5 years until I like that.

The drive up to Taos on the high road was gorgeous. We stopped for photo ops along the way. There had been a lot of snow up on that mountain.

I am having some trouble with dust on my camera sensor. I tried many times to clean it, but it looks worse if anything. I will have to ask at the store if they can clean it somehow. If not, I will have to borrow a Nikon for the rest of the course as the dust really shows up on my images, particularly anything with a sky in the background.

We went to Rio Grande Bridge and could see for miles. It realy is a long way down into that canyon. We could see a car that was very smashed up way over the cliff. It looked like a very old car wreck.

For dinner tonight, we went to the Thai Cafe in town. I had veggie rice paper rolls and spicy chicken noodles. Now I am entering food coma land so I better go to nigh-nights.

No comments:

Post a Comment