Friday, March 12, 2010

Last day of classes (for week 1)

Today was the last day of classes. We showed our work from the Tent Rocks Shoot. It was good to see how everyone worked with models and different backgrounds. Some of the shots were very dramatic. We looked at heaps of Raul's work from his underwater diving work and Mexico.

In the afternoon Ines, Alfonsina and I were dropped into town by Raul to do the mandatory girly windo shopping trip. We looked at jewellery in the Plaza and then sat in a bar upstairs trying out beers from Alburquerque.

While we looking at Santa Fe Boots Co at all the brightly coloured cowgirl boots. A woman named Rose Eikenbaum came up to us and introduced herself. She is busy photographing film actors for a new book she is doing. William H.Macy, Elijah Wood, Liza Minelli, and heaps of others. She had a similar path to me. She has three children and became a photographer after her starting with her children as her main subject. Then she went to Santa Fe Workshops 10 years ago and has been building her business ever since.
In the evening, we had oiur final dinner at The Inn at Loreto in town. It was a buffet Mexican dinner and slideshow presentation. I was awarded the prize for the person who travelled the furthest distance. The prize was 2 DVDs of workshop photographers talking about their work, a book by Joe McNally, who was there to sign it because he is teaching a Workshop next week, a Holga Camera and 12 rolls of film to go with it and some little snack things. I was thrilled to win that prize.

When the slideshow was presented, 7 of my images were shown which was good as there 70 altogether and 15 people in the class. I liked the shots of mine that Raul chose to include.
Afterwards, Ines and I went to Alfie and Raul's place for a couple of Margaritas and crashed on the fold out bed for the night. I only had 3 drinks all night but I was exhausted. I woke up about ten times during the night because the heater kept turning on and off. Every time it turned on, it was like a chair being scraped across a wooden floor and then a jet plane taking off. It was so hard to get back to sleep and then it would start all over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment